Welcome to Inspire Academy, a Mission Charter School serving grades K-8. We invite you to visit our campus and see the tremendous projects our students are doing. Please call to schedule an appiontment and tour.
Our Mission and philosophy
The mission of Inspire Academy, a Mission Charter School is to create a safe learning environment that encourages high expectations for academic success through project-based learning. Students use technology and inquiry to engage with issues and questions that are relevant to their lives.
Inspire Academy will provide all students access to opportunities to equip them for academic success for secondary school, college, and higher education.
Each student’s self-esteem is fostered by positive relationships with students and staff. Parents, teachers, and community members are actively involved in student learning.
Inspire Academy will be a small and diverse learning community that actively engages students in purposeful learning experiences to prepare them for college, career, leadership, and global citizenship. Through personalized learning experiences, students master the foundations of intellectual skills and personal qualities such as
1. Basic Skills: Reading, Writing, Mathematics (arithmetical, reasoning, and mathematical computation), listening, and speaking
2. Life Skills: creative thinking, making decisions, solving problems, seeing things in the mind’s eye, knowing how to learn, and reasoning and
3. Thinking and Personal Skills: individual responsibility as well as self-esteem, sociability, self-management, and integrity.
Inspire Academy will educate the whole child through a balanced curriculum. The instruction in the following content areas will be standards and research-based.
- Language Arts: Early Literacy Skills, Word Study Skills, Six Traits of Writing, Writing Workshop, Guided Reading, Literature Circles or Book Clubs
- Math: Harcourt Math
- Science: Uses inquiry and the scientific method
- Social Science: Thematic Units, Interdisciplinary, and Project-based integrated with Science; students must present their projects to an audience
Thematic Units, Interdisciplinary, and Project-based integrated with Social Science using Foss and Delta Science kits; students must present their projects to an audience
All standardized tests mandated by the state of Arizona
- Galileo Benchmark Testing (Quarterly)
- School Developed Assessment
- Formative Assessment
- Observation and Anecdotal Records
- Final Project Presentations
- R.O.P.E.S. (Rites of Passage Experiences) Project for 5th Graders integrated with Technology
At Inspire Academy, Parent Involvement will be more than parent conferences and PTA.
Research reveals that when parents are involved in their children’s schools and education, children have higher grades and standardized test scores, improved behavior at home and school, and better social skills and adaptation to school.
- Participation in a Parent Survey to give feedback to your school and teachers
- Parent Workshop, Seminars and Coaching about” At Home Student Support”
- Participation in school decision-making through the Advisory School Council
Call our school office
and let us know you're out there!